Business Tax Receipts


To apply or renew, use the form located at the bottom of the page under supporting documents and submit in person, by mail or email  (payment must be made in person or online)


The Town of Lake Hamilton requires all businesses located and/or operating inside the town limits pay an annual Business Tax. A receipt for payment of the Business Tax is commonly referred to as a Business Tax Receipt. Payment of such tax, however, does not constitute approval or certification or licensure by any governing authority responsible for overseeing or regulating a trade, practice, activity, or service, etc.
In addition, if a business location is inside the town limits, a business tax receipt is required from both the Town of Lake Hamilton and Polk County.
State Sales Tax Number Florida Department of Revenue
 Lakeland Office
 115 S. Missouri Avenue, #202
 Lakeland, FL  33801
 Social Security Number or
 Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
 Internal Revenue Service
 Lakeland Office
 2133 Harden Boulevard
 Lakeland, FL  33803
Additional Requirements:
State License: required for professional businesses such as attorneys, automobile repair and sales, baking and finance, contractors, cosmetology, engineering, food and lodging, health occupations, pest control, real estate, and tattoo shops.  Contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, 850.487.1395 to find information on the State's requirements for your business.
Fictitious Name Registration: if you do not use your full name (first and last) in your business name, the State of Florida requires that you register the name of your business.  To register, contact the Department of State's Division of Corporations at 850.245.6058 or register online at  
Safety Inspection: may be required in specific cases such as daycare or healthcare professions that are regulated by the State of Florida. Please contact the Polk County Fire Department, to verify if an inspection is needed.
Restaurants: must contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation's Division of Hotels and Restaurants, 850.487.1395 and the Polk County Health Department, 863.519.8330.
Sellers of pre-packaged food, vitamins, supplements and open food items: must contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, 850.245.5520.
Motor Vehicle Repair: must contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, 850.488.3022.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.